Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest project (pics)

Posted by sarahcorrigan (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 07 at 14:53

I have been looking for a step ladder forever, and I have found tons at second hand & resale shops, but they were still $8 or much, much more! So, my persistance and thriftiness finally paid off when I found one curbside this past garbage day. Here is a before and after pic. I wanted it to match my living room and now it does!

Here is the before (I loved the "shabby" look, but it was too dark for my room):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the after:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I plan to use it as an "end table" next to my overstuffed chair that has a similar floral pattern!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest project (pics)

Cute!

o

I have been trying forever too for a step-ladder, and all cost too much as you said....but what a sweet thing you have done...great idea!
Maddya

o

Cute idea! I had to pay $3 for mine!

o

Oh my gosh, what a transformation! It's just adorable. Did you paint the top, or is that fabric, or decoupage, or how did you do it? LOVE the price.

o

No, it is fabric that comes very close to matching my living room furniture. I used some really light batting, just to give it some "plump", but thin, so that I can still set things on it.

I thought about painting a floral design on the sides, but thought that might end up being too busy. I'm an trying for a very simply, cottage look in my living room. So I opted not to paint it, and just go with the floral fabric.

o

Cute!! I like it!!

o

Oh, VERY sweet. Love that shade of pink.
-Jenn

o

I wasn't sure about the pink. I was looking for some sort of shade of pink to paint my living room, and I ran across this on a mistint rack, for $4 a gallon. So that made my decision for me! But I ended up loving the color, which was a bonus!

o

That is adorable!!!
You could make a little pocket for the backside to put magazines in.
Diana

o

How adorable! I found an old wooden ladder when I was helping clean out the house next door. Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but the idea of plant shelves is stuck in my head.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here