Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Made From Bed Springs-show me pics,Please!

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 14:16

I am trying to build my courage up to go into the woods with my bolt cutters and my trusty dog, to cut out some of the old springs to craft with. This is a really old set of springs, there's huge trees growing through them,lol! I just know it's gotta be a perfect place for copperheads or cottonmouths. I've seen a lot of these prettied up over the years on this forum, but I can't seem to find the ones I remember with the search bar. I cannot remember how they're made. Seems like a wooden bead for the head? I think Nona had made some snowmen. If you've made any, would you purty please add some photos or links to this thread? LOL
Thanks Ya'll!
Cherry/Kudzu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Made From Bed Springs-show me pics,Please!

I have saved a page from one of the girls that makes them...http://www.junkmarketstyle.com/all
Hope it helps....

o

Thanks Smickerdoodle! I did it, I went out there and cut out a half dozen or so of them. I was so afraid something large and furry with fangs or antlers would come running up to me, or a snake *ack* but I went out there and did it. I got a scratch off of a rusty spring,though,dirty word, I'm gonna need a tetanus shot.
And I remember now they were called Nodders! So I'm gonna try another search.

o

Good luck! Make sure you're up to date on your tetnus shots too.

o

I copied Oddie and made a Snow Man, and my grandson make a Snow Brother and Snow Sister. I also made a rusty star tree topper. Pics and how-tos on my blog. We used some unusual techniques, LOL...go check it out :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here