Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Doors

Posted by okiegal2009 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 14:14

I got four cabinet doors at a garage sale this weekend. I got four doors for a total of $2.00. I am trying to post pictures, and would like ideas on what to do with them. they have frosted glass.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Doors

Hi Okiegal.
I feel badly that no one has answered you. I don't have any ideas which is why I haven't. Except you could put them together in a square and put a top on for a plant stand. Hinge them all together as a mini divider. Paint one a bright color and mosaic or paint your house number on the glass and hang on your front porch. (Make sure you use exterior paint, especially if you don't have a covered porch.)
Have fun and post a pic of your results!
kathy

o

Yeah wanna see pics please.
Jean

o

Cabinet doors can be turned into message centers. In fact we bought one, small--added cork to the middle and put cup hooks on the sides for keys. Ours was unfinished, so SIL painted with clear varnish. Sure looks nice. on the wall right next to phone.

o

Like the above ideas...also....

* I've seen these interior-lit tables in different catalogs....in a kid's room as a night light or more elegent in other areas for ambient lighting...just build a box using the cab. doors as the sides...and put a lamp inside....could go in a lot of style directions. Fun!

Can think of more ideas...but maybe they've found a function by now.... hope so!

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon product page- lighted side table

o

I have seen the cutest serving trays made from cabinet doors. The wood was refinished or painted, four small feet were attached to the underside and a decorative drawer pull was attached to each side for handles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here