Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dumpster shopping!!

Posted by oldcrafty (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 11 at 12:25

I found this dandy man standing by the trash dumpster. I felt compelled to save him. I used him for a door greeter on Halloween, as I found him the day before Halloween. Now what do I do with him? Can't imagine why anyone would want a 5 foot tall Knight in Shining Armour! And now I do and don't know what to do with him. I figured you'll would give me some good inspiration! He is made of light weight tin and has some exceptional detail work. Can't imagine how much he must have cost and he is in A+ condition. No rust or dents. All suggetions would be appreciated!

Knight and Shing Armour

Couldn't get image flipped!!! Sorry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dumpster shopping!!

So cool! I would use him as a coat rack!

Moni

o

I suggest you send him to me!!!!lol! Who doesn't LOVE a man in shining armor!!!!! WOW! You are the Best dumpster finder out there!!! We just don't get treasure like that in these parts! Ever!

o

The junior high my sons both went to has knights as a mascot, so I'm sure I would do something for the school or someone who still has a child there -- or he could go in our gameroom. I think he'd also make a fun garden sculpture, but you might want to protect the metal first.

o

Well he is a handsome man, and probably not demanding, and maybe even a good listener. If you have a garage with a window, I would stand him back a little, dress him throw a jacket over his shoulders, including a hat, that way people will think someone is in the home, or at least not sure. He could be your home protector until halloween, and then take on his duties.

o

Put a flower pot where the head is.

o

Oh for heavens sakes! Don't do anything to him!

Put him on Amazon or eBay and sell him! I can guarantee that someone into SCA or Midieval time would pay a goodly amount for him!

I realize that it is not "Real Armor" but like I said - someone will buy him and you will make $$.

Sets of armor are selling on eBay for prices from $900 to $2000.

Good luck to you!

PS: why would anyone throw that away?? DUH!

o

That's freakin awesome. Halloween would be great!

o

I agree with what themominator said "I can guarantee that someone into SCA or Midieval time would pay a goodly amount for him!"
You also might be able to get a few bucks at a scrap dealer.

Nice find!

o

Love him! I agree....we have jousting clubs that play in the parks. They LOVE this sort of thing. I've seen them displayed in old mansions....in gardens....next to the big old front porches as decor.

o

In our area, dumpster diving is considered theft. They say that anything in the dumpster belongs to the trash pickup company. I'm sure the stuff ends up in a landfill.

o

For some reason, when I post, it duplicates.

This post was edited by Yorkies2 on Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 15:49

o

We had one of those donated to a charity Furniture Bank that I helped start several years back. We kept him in the warehouse near the entrance and made him our mascot. The organization eventually came to be called The Love Seat. He was made in Spain or Mexico, so we called him Don Asiento de Amor, literally "Sir Love Seat".

o

I donated mine to a grade 4 class for use when they were doing medieval studies. He became known as Sir Thanksalot!

o

I had one many years ago too. He belonged to a neighbor who was moving and had put him in their trash. He stood proudly in our living room for many years. We finally sold him in a yard sale for a few dollars. We named him Sir Lancelot. Yes, I would talk to him. Enjoyed him very much.
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here