Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my 50 cent suitcase

Posted by annielu (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 10:31

bought the suitcase at a ys for 50 cents. painted this using a renee mullins pattern!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my 50 cent suitcase

Your suitcase is so cute! You did such a good job painting it. I am going to have to learn how to paint. You girls who do such wonderful painting jobs are making me so jealous.

o

Awww, that's so cute! I've been wanting to do one of these, but I don't know what kind of paint to use. Did you just use acrylics? What did you use to seal it? I really love it!

o

Hi!Yes, I used acrylics and then used an acrylic sealer. I also used modge podge and added mica flakes, but you can't see them very well in the pic. It is very sparkly!

o

That will be so nice to store winter items in!

o

Lovely job! Very festive!

--Jenn

o

are you kidding 50cents....
well it is sure worth more now... that you have painted that adorable little snowman on it!!! The suitcase is ready to hit the road now!!!!
I appreciate you showing the pictures !
I was wondering... did you put something like gesso on first or primer... and what was the surface of the suitcase to start with....???
I would love to do one of theseee..
Thanks!
* * * *HAPPY * * * HOLIDAYS !!!
M E R R Y + C H R I S T M A S !!!
God Bless !
susiesunshine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here