Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shutter Shelf for my Sis - Pic

Posted by
craftylady-2006
(gw:craftylady-2006) on
Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 9:41

I curb shopped two door size shutters. They were cut in half and made into shelves. This is a WIP shutter shelf that I am making for my Sis in OH. She wanted it flat black as it is one of her basic colors in decorating. I still have the second/thirds coats of black to do. However, I wanted to see what it would look like with a floral design on it and started painting it. I am using a small picture of violet and white hydrengea and leaves as a guide. In the third pic I was trying to take away the paint. As I said above, I still to do more black basecoating first. Can I have your opinion please.

Sal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shutter Shelf for my Sis - Pic

Well if you don't beat all! You could give Donna Dewberry lessons. Those are wonderful strokes, and your sis is gonna LOVE those shelves. Great job painting!

o

Thanks Slowmedown. But I must confess, it was Donna Dewberry who taught me. I saw her on QVC one day and I was off and running buying her books and videos and paints. I am no where near as good as she is, she's got 25 years of painting experience under her belt. I try my best is all I do. Hopefully it comes out good. There are several things I've repainted over cause I didn't like it. One was of an old farm milk can that I was doing for my brother. I repainted that thing black five times before I finally liked the floral design I ended up painting. When I was done and gave it back to him he wasn't home so I left it on his porch with a note saying, Hope you like it, call me. He did call and, well, I must tell you, my bro can be very critical in his comments, only telling the truth, but he said Sal, it really is great looking, I love it. I didn't think it was going to look that good, thank you, I'll display it all the time. So that made me feel really good knowing he thought it was good. Another time one of my sister's whom I always thought didn't like my crafty things, really liked the painted farm mailbox and wanted it for herself (but then ended up giving it to our other sis who has breast cancer) to cheer her up. So I also gave her my homemade gift of a wooden planter made by another bro.

Sal

o

Oh my god! that so beautiful!! I wish so much that I could paint!!

Post it in garden junk!!! you'll get the props you deserve!!
Crafty, You are amazing!!

Haziemoon

o

Spoke with my Sis last night. I sent her pic when it was made and unpainted, so yes she does know about it. Change of colors though - she wants peach and darker red, and darker greens to match the border in the basement room where her sewing area is. Good thing we talked huh!!

Sal

o

beautiful shutter shelf! I love the flowers and personally love the colors...your sis is lucky!

o

My sis sent me three pics of her border, I think I can do this.

o

W/your painting skills, you can whip that out w/ease. Anxious to see the finished product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here