Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old TV Remote Controls

Posted by czechlady (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 9:04

Here's a good one for you. We recently moved and started throwing all our TV, VCR and other old remotes in a box. We have about 30 that do not belong to anything! However, my son picked up one remote that is about 20 years old and said, "Oh, memories!" Meaning his Dad is really into fancy TV's, VCR's, DVD, etc. My husband told me to throw them away, but I secretely kept them. I would like to make something out of them or display them in some way to surprise my husband. Any creative ideas from this creative group? Thanks....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old TV Remote Controls

Boy that's a good one, 30 remotes. I'm not so sure but maybe some sort of grotto to the remotes - I know that sounds silly.

Sal

o
Wind chime from remotes

Could you make something like a wind chime out of them?

Sal

o

OH, I LOVE the grotto idea, CRAFTY.

o

A giant control panel ;-)

o

make a picture frame with a pic of your dh watching tv in it.

patti

o

You could make a tall table lamp with them by drilling a hole in the center and stacking them up with a metal rod through the holes to hold a light cord - you can buy the kits fairly inexpensively or just take apart an old lamp. You'd need a base though - maybe use the bottom of an old rabbit ear antenna and then put the antenna at the top? Then you could continue the TV theme with the shade if you wanted by decoupodging photos of old TV actors or shows onto it??

o

A graphic geometric piece of art? Arrange them in a pleasing design, adhere to something... wood, heave mat board, masonite and make a cool art piece for the tv room wall!

o

Thanks for all the great ideas. i have been thinking of doing a piece of art as kat wa mentioned above. however, i thought of glueing them to a piece of canvas in a neat arrangement and then maybe spraypainting the entire piece in an artistic way???? what do yall think....our home is a bit modern. Any other ideas?

o

it's Christmas time...how about a tree made out of them, all the colored buttons on them would be like lights and you could bring it out every Christmas, would make a great conversation piece during the season.

o

Do you think they would be too heavy for canvas? Sure! Prime and paint! that would be cool! You could also leaf it! silver leaf?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here