Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planters

Posted by sistersunnie (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 23, 05 at 8:41

I kept seeing these orphaned gravy boats and cream pitchers at yard sales and junk shops. They are so sweet, dainty, etc. Always thought it would be neat to re use them somehow.Found tiny little sweetheart ivy and created adoreable planters. They will be given to people who helped us this year. Think I have less than $ 3.50 in either of them. Used wired ribbon and put a big bow and homemade paper tag on them and I was so pleased with the way they turned out. Now the florist where I bought the ivy from wants to carry them in her store!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planters

I have done those in the past.
I am glad you found an outlet for yours!

o

They sound neat - would love to see a photo!

o

I used to grow those mini african violets in thrift store china teacups. It made a lovely display. I put those aquarium pebbles in the bottom for drainage.

o

When using a teacup as a planter, you can also drill a hole at the bottom of the china teacup with a masonary drill bit. Then the saucer can be used as a plant saucer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here