Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shadow box suggestions?

Posted by jflan (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 04 at 8:27

Does anyone have ideas for smaller shadow box items? I have a few shadow boxes with dividers in them and the sections are about 4-5 inches in size. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shadow box suggestions?

I've seen them done with seashells and other beachy type items. That would be cute if it matches your decor.

You can put anything you'd like in a shadow box. Think of what colors or themes you have in your house and go from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

o

Extremely small glass or brass animals (friend of mine has brass and they look good)

thimbles?

Brain is tired tonight - we've been moving furniture and cleaning carpets. Let me sleep on it! LOL

o

What do you like to collect??? Just collect it in "miniature" and you have a shadow box that pleases you...

o

I have vintage matchbooks from the fifties, lamp finials., pretty broaches, old baby blocks, tiny doll furniture, the glass "Knobs" off of old percolator coffee pots,,,,, so many shapes!!!, locket of mom's, big button, tiny plastic toys, old thimbles... oh my., so much stuff that I didn't want to put away and not enjoy!

o

My "shadowbox" used to be a wooden 7-up carton. It held 24 bottles and has hangholds cut out on the ends. I left it as it was and used the slots on the bottom to hang it on my wall. Simple but works well with small items! :)

o

A friend of mine collects old costume jewellry and filled a shadow box with old family photos and some of the jewellry she has collected. It looks great!

o

I had a few shadowboxes. When we renovated our bathroom, I painted them white and did mosaics in each one. Everybody remarks on them.

Laurelann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here