Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I do?

Posted by rhondalyn70 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 7:33

I live in an apartment building so it cannot be replaced. Its my medicine cabinet that fits right into the wall. In the corners, the mirror (silver part) is all coming off and looks awful. How can I go about covering it up or somehow fixing it? I'm on a small budget with no fancy tools......thx!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I do?

It'd look at the craft store for one of those faux stain glass kits. You can paint on a simple design to co-ordinate with your bathroom and when you move you can remove it with a razor.

o

Do you use this medicine cabinet? If not, maybe you could hang a mirror or picture over it. Just a thought. Luvs

o

Have a look at wallpaperforwindows.com HD also has a similar product. I think you have to buy a certain amount but might be able to use it on a window as well. Anyhow it's something you can easily remove and take with you. On your mirror you could just use it around the edges to cover the damaged part of the mirror and leave the center open so you can still use it as a mirror.

Another option would be to decoupage decorative corners on the mirror using wallpaper samples and diluted white glue. This would cost next to nothing and could be removed by wetting with hot water.

o

I'm wondering if you couldn't also potentially use corner shaped wooden appliques painted to match the mirror or white and glue them in... Hard to say without seeing it, but it's an idea.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/vintage decorating blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here