Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old console TV

Posted by pandasmom (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 05 at 7:24

What can I do with an old wooden console television after taking out the screen, etc.? Seems a shame to trash the whole thing, thinking of putting shelves inside and making a workbench in garage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old console TV

My grandmother had a local guy fit it with shelves and put small louvered doors(I think he used window shutters) stained to match. She uses it to store her dishes. Looks great.

o

I've seen people use them as aquariums . . .

o

That reminds me of when I was like in first grade, we had a TV that they had took the insides out in our classroom and we would get in there and pretend we where on TV. That was like 39 years ago. Hope you figure something out for it. Some of those are really nice cabinets.

o

You could add a shelf or two, stain them to "match" the outer wood and use it as a book shelf.

My sister found the kind with the doors on the front. Her significant other removed the TV, added a couple shelves and she now uses it as video storage and has her TV sitting on top! Looks very nice, too!

o

I have a 1956 Motorola that I bought last year. It worked at the guy's house and then I got it home and it never worked! Took it to the shop and the repairman said he couldn't get parts for it.

(Ya Ya - who's gonna read this post with eager interest! LOL)

o

Found this idea: "Diane turned an old TV cabinet into a liquor bar. She found the piece at (where else?) a yard sale for $2. She covered the screen area with a retro fabric with little martini glasses on it."

o

A friend of mine converted one of these into a liquor cabinet also. He gutted and added shelves. It had doors on the front, he painted it a high-gloss black with oriental design decoupaged on front.

linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here