SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
touring_gw

Need Your Help!!

touring
18 years ago

I thought I was addicted to "trash" but after reading some of these threads I must say I am in good company. Usually look for "trash" at weekends and converting them into "treasure" especially at this Jolly Time of the year when people are ridding themselves of trash :).

I need some advice and after posting my comments in "Bathroom", "Craft", I was directed here. Never knew you existed but glad to meet fellow hunters.

Have you seen "Design on a Dime : Episode DOD-413"?

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_living_area/article/0,1793,HGTV_3376_2489909,00.html

Since seeing the episode where a plain table and cabinet were transformed using rattan thatching and the lamp with rope, I would like to do the same with some wrought iron furniture (a whatsnot and a towel holder) that I have.

I would like to give them a tropical look to match bathroom's vanity and mirror. The vanity is made of plywood and pine with prewoven wicker and bamboo trimmings (similar to that in the episode). The mirror frame is of wrought iron covered with cane.

I want to use either the pre-woven wicker material or cane but I am not sure how it can be done but I would like it to cover some parts. I can cover either the outer frame, i.e. wrap the poles with cane or woven wicker; or I can put layers of woven wicker on the shelves.

Since I have never done this before, any advice about the way to tackle this job as a DIY.

Comment (1)

Sponsored