SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbpdl

Help Me Figure This Out Please!!

arbpdl
13 years ago

I need a new loveseat for my sitting room. I have virtually no budget and I'm really picky about the color because it has to match the fabrics I already have in the room. So, after searching, with no luck, craigslist and the thrift stores for an almost free loveseat that doesn't stink, have holes or big rips, I'm ready to go in another direction.

I have a crib up in the attic that is made to convert to a child's daybed. It's my daughter's, but she sleeps in our room because we don't have enough bedrooms. It'll likely be another year or two before she gets a room so in the meantime, it's just sitting up there gathering dust.

My idea is to cut the legs down a bit so it's the right height and use it as a loveseat. I'd make a couple of fitted sheets for the mattress and a back cushion and couple of throw pillows. It would match the style of the room perfectly, so much better than any regular loveseat I would ever find. I already have enough of that fabric to do it all, the project would be virtually free and I think would look really cool.

Problem is, DH is extremely visual. He can't imagine anything if he can't see an example. I'm sure someone somewhere has done this before. Does anyone know of a photo? I did a search but didn't find anything offhand.

Can you think of any reason this wouldn't work? I was thinking we might need to run a cross brace underneath just to make sure the adult weight wouldn't hurt it but is there any reason other than that?

TIA!! Can't wait to try this, I'm sure I can do it, just have to convince him that it won't be stupid to put a baby crib in a room we have company.

Comments (7)

Sponsored