SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apbtlover

New to Decoupage

apbtlover
15 years ago

Hey everybody how are you? I honestly never even heard of decoupage until yesterday. We're remodeling and making a new room for my 2yo daughter. She chose her theme as Tinkerbell. I have paint colors and a border ready. Then I realized yesterday that the light switch covers and the outlet covers would look strange and need to be Tinkerbell related. I searched online and noticed everything on ebay, etc that I found were decoupaged by the seller. Not to mention none of them were what I really wanted.

I saw on a site that they used regular white glue to do it. Using the glue to attach the materials and then they made a wash with it to put on top as well. I can't find the site now, and am wondering how to do the top coat with the white glue. I thought that the site said to just use glue and water but I'm unsure of the combination. Also, will construction paper be too thick? I found the perfect color purple scrapbooking paper, and some glittery green that I planned on using as a border. I also have some Tinkerbell stickers to use.

Any tips on how to make this work? How about for the top coat to protect the paper?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery