Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with milk boxes / juice boxes

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 20:21

I am trying to not eat wheat to see if that helps the chronic tiredness I've been experiencing. Also cutting back on dairy, only in coffee and occassional cheese. So long and short, I started having almond milk on my rice crispie type cereal. Oh my gosh its good. But the boxes which are kind of like large juice boxes are not recyclable.

I'm going to have a lot of them and they are so nice and sturdy. Any ideas?

Tia

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Magazine holder

I will answer my own question partially: here is a juice box magazine holder. The almond milk cartons are not so colorful and pretty, but they are a bit larger. We have tons of magazines. So once I have another one emptied I will try this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructable for magazine holder from juice box

o
this awesome wallet is actually for waxed cartons

But I might be able to adapt it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Milk or juice CARTON change purse

o
RE: What to do with milk boxes / juice boxes

Well --- shame on you ! You did it again --- I thought I'd google juice box crafts and get some ideas for you . Instead --- I got side tracked to a big old craft site with tons of projects & instructions on it ...... and ..... I have yet ANOTHER Want to make list a mile long !!! *Sigh*

Take a peek -- there's alot of things that cost nearly nothing to make .

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut out and Keep

o

Oh my gosh, what a site Too much!
Of course I zeroed in on the things painted with pebeo paint. Maybe there is hope for flower centers after I use up the pretty ones you sent me!

BTW, I cut the top of the almond milk container and am using it as a compost bucket for the moment.

Kathy

o

I just got through the wire crafting section ..... hours and hours of bookmarking info . I saw purses made out of the cartons .... then I got side tracked ~~~ LOL sorry !
I'll keep thinking .

**I have pebeo paint ,too . The most I've done with it was painting faces & markings on stained glass birds. Now I have to look there ,too .

o

Kathy I think we are a lot alike in our crafting obsessions.

Its really bad that Hurricane Irene washed away Joann's. the nearest Michaels is 60 mi away. I have no where to buy craft or sewing supplies. The local Walmart is wanting. K-mart is closed from Irene too.

Kathy

o

My DD is milk protein intolerant, so I go thru lots of those soy/rice/almond milk containers.

1) Cut the tops off and use as paint holders - some hold the paint, others hold the dirty brushes.

2) I'm saving a bunch of them and I plan on winter sowing in them.

They eventually end up in the trash, but they do get reused before being trashed.

o

Using them for paint is a great idea.
Thanks,
Kathy

o

They make good seed/plant starters. They hold enough soil to get good root growth on the plants before setting them out. And you tear off the carton when planting, no tipping plants out of pots, losing soil or damaging roots.
I also use them them with some of my concrete projects. Among other things they make good molds for edging "bricks". I have a friend who filled them with concrete and used the resulting "brick" vertically to support and hide an ugly raised bed in her garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here