Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
questions.....

Posted by heartzlink (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 20:16

Hi all, I am new here and simply can not get up from the computer, lol.... I love this forum as well as garden junk... although I have done things in the past and for quite a few years; the ideas here are wonderful. It makes me sad that I missed so many years of postings and I read them only to find that the pics have been deleted or simply no longer exist in the photobucket.... one in particular was a posting concerning reuse of vertical blinds.... I have them and am ready to tear them out and would really like to hear suggestions or pics for reusing them.... seemed the original post was well received and I can not see what was done.......thanks for any input.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: questions.....

Hi heartzlink and welcome.
I think its a good idea to put your subject i the title of the posting then people with ideas will look at your post. Such as "what do I do with thee old vertical blinds?"
It seems that all the forums have been more quiet than they used to be. I don't know if its the economy.
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions, sorry.
kathy

o

Hi, welcome. Are you referring maybe to the post about using vertical blinds as plant markers in the garden? If so, let me know and I will find that post again.

o

didn't someone make German stars?
it was twomonths!
here is the link, then you can click a link there to see a photo

Here is a link that might be useful: twomonths german stars from vertical blinds

o

Thanks to all for the links and ideas.... I am going to try to do the stars but I think mine may be too old and brittle.... wondering if they could be painted in a glow in the dark paint so they could be seen at night hanging from the trees? might be something to try.... sorry it took me so long to acknowledge the replies, been sick and with the holidays etc , just have not had time to get here although once I sit down to this site, I am here for hours, lol.....thanks again to all !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here