Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gorgeous inspiration - Please come in

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 19, 09 at 19:58

This is unbelievable work. Read what she uses in her creations. I am just stunned.

http://earofthewind.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Ear of the Wind

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gorgeous inspiration - Please come in

Correction: Read what * he * uses.

o

Awesome, amazing. Dh claims I could learn to solder. I'm not so sure. Seeing this sure makes me want to try. TFS
kathy

o

Kathy, my daughter can solder. If she can, you can. (She's all girly girl with French manicure and pedicure, Ann Taylor Loft and sparkly flip flops kind of woman.) She can solder like no tomorrow. I encourage you to try.

o

Kathy -
Think of soldering like cake decorating with a really hot tube of frosting. The hand control is similar.

o

Beautiful! Thanks for the treat!! DH & I went to a ghost town, somewhere between L.A. & Las Vegas 1 time & it was such fun wandering around & looking in empty buildings. I'm sure it had been used for some movies. Had that wild west feel. Never thought to look for glass treasures. We left as sun going down & didn't want to be in middle of no place at night, this was long before cellphones. I imagine a place like that would be a real treasure house out back. He must have a way of cleaning up glass as it hardly ever looks like this coming from the ground. Maybe the sand it is in in desert makes it stay nice. Stuff buried in dirt is caked & has stains on them. Glad he is preserving history. Jan

o

Nice work. I love stained glass and I also love junk - so this was right up my alley!

o

Incredible!! Love glass, mosaic and recycled art so this was very inspiring!

o

I'm drooling .....

o

I have been itching to get back into the stained glass.....trying to set up in my garage but need heat for the winter....have a bench and 2 grinders and all the supplies just crying out to me awaiting my creativity...thanks for the inspiration....love this work......

o

Now that's *really* treasure from trash! Love it. TFS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here