Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large gourd into table lamp

Posted by ellieandethansmom (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 04 at 18:37

I just went into an amazing renovated home and saw that they made two large sized gourds into table lamps (they had natural colored shades). The gourds were mostly round shaped and were very large (maybe the size of a pumpkin)---they were not glazed but left natural and were gorgeous. I couldn't get close enough to see how they made the bottom stable (nothing was visible on the bottom such as a piece of wood---just wondered if anyone has seen or made anything like this????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large gourd into table lamp

Here is the shape of the gourd--similar to something called a big boy gourd shape. It was really neat in person but may be hard to imagine, it was sitting on top of a 18th century rustic shaker style table.

Here is a link that might be useful: gourd simiar to lamp

o
RE: Large gourd into table lamp

I've found a gourd made into a dipper and dated 1923 inside a brim of a hat and I have another that has some wonderfully etched designs on it.
Gourds have lots of uses. I think your only limited by imagination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here