Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does It Just Happen To Me??

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 04 at 17:23

Does anybody else start more than one project at a time and then manage to mess up one of them with the other???!

Had retrieved the neatest old light fixture from the curb. Had it sitting in a metal stand and planned on using it to feed my squirrels in the yard. Had it setting in the stand on my kitchen bar and was also working on taking old rusty tacks out of the back of a large picture frame. You guessed it - the frame "scooted" on the bar and knocked the light fixture off onto the tile floor in the kitchen! Glass went everywhere! Now I'm down to working on ONE project until I get it done!

This happen to anybody else, or is it just me? LOL

I'm joking here, but I really am so ticked off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does It Just Happen To Me??

I've usually got no less than a dozen projects going at anyone time.
I have "oops" moments all the time. Last one was I was replacing a broken window pane on my enclosed porch. I had everything out. Glass fit nearly perfectly into the spot I wanted it to go into. Get ready to put on the glaze and the glass slips thru the pane and onto the floor. Broke into two. I had to run to the hardware store and get another piece cut.
My bigger problem is getting all the materials together for whatever project I want to do. Seems just about anything I want to do requires at lest three trips to the store to get all the proper materials together. It's not a matter of my forgetting or getting the wrong parts it's the availablity of things.Seems there really is no such thing as one stop shopping when doing crafts or treasures.

o

Nope, you're not alone. I have several things started & have NO room on my work tables. Always knocking something over & making messes. I get frustrated & just quit for awhile. Wonder why I can't get anything done. I have 3 work spaces & they are all full of almost done stuf.

o

Nah, never happens to me. I was working on a chandlier that was a recent curb find. First mistake, working outside on the patio table, second mistake, needed a screw driver to take lamp apart and started inside , bad mistake, as I opened the door to go inside a squirrel (probably one of the ones you were going to make a feeder for) jumped on the table and as he jumped off the entire glass fixture fell to the concrete. Don't need to tell you the rest of the story. Didn't need the screw driver then, after breaking all the glass, I ended up glueing violet glasses and using candles. It could not hurt more if I had paid real money for my find. In the end, I am quite happy with the results. Sometimes what seems to be a disaster turns into one of my most loved garden junk.
Hallngarden

o

I've got so much stuff on my craft table on the porch that when the rats take a run thru it - they knock stuff off, nothing broken yet. Just a clatter in the middle of the night. I have a trap line set up now.
cozy

o

Craft? who can craft with all the junk everywhere? Right now I am trying to find room to paint some cans and jars - maybe if I move the paper-making supplies, the plants I don't anywhere else to put, the dehydrator, the pots from last year that I was going to paint etc. etc.. Anyone have to buy something because they can't find in the house!!?
I belong to Clutter Anon. Amelia D.

o

Yep--I'm the master of disaster ..... there's always too many things going on at once . My problem is always losing things -- then when I look for them -- I start knocking stuff over left & right ~~

o

Oh, yes, it's soooo much easier just to buy something new than look all over for the 2 you already know you have . . . somewhere!!

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here