Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plastic Duck Decoys

Posted by gavinsmeme (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 07 at 16:52

Hi everyone, my name is Jackie and I love this site! I just found it about a week ago and spend all my extra time reading all the creative ideas, all of you have come up with. Does anyone have any ideas with what to do with those hard plastic duck decoys? Someone just gave my husband, who loves to duck hunt, many, many, many ...... decoys, to go along with the MANY he ALREADY has!!!! So, I was wondering if there would be some kind of "craft", I could use a FEW for, something for the garden, maybe? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plastic Duck Decoys

I read this forum because I'm so in awe of all the things everyone produces from 'junk'! I'm not nearly that clever with my 'trash' :-)

About the decoys....the first think that popped into my head was to paint one to look like Santa Claus (Santa Duck?) Or a pilgrim? You mentioned using them in the garden...how about one with fresh paint 'swimming' in a pool of blue flowers in the spring? The pilgrim duck could go into a fall arrangement of mums &/or pumpkins. Just a couple of things that came to mind as I read....use or ignore at will :-0

o

I was thinking the same as Jayokie. If you aren't talented with a paint brush but can sew...how about seasonal outfits like they do for the white concrete geese?

o

Thanks Jayokie and Lydia, you both gave me something to think about. I was thinking of maybe trying to make some kind of wind chime, or maybe hanging some kind of sign from the ducks and hang them up from a tree. Also, maybe tying seasonal bows around their necks and let them float in our pond. It's a good thing there are lots of ducks! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here