Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creative minds needed lol

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 1, 06 at 16:30

i got a whole bunch of pitch forks....no handles any idea what i could use these for....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creative minds needed lol

Hi Mojo, you can buy the long and short handles at a hardware store or try Home Depot. I saw a pic of using the fork part to stick decorative Indian Corn on the tings (is that what they're called) and then hung on a fence. You might add a fall garland swirled around the handle for added color. Some folks just hang them on their sheds as decoration with other garden tools.

Sal

o

I saw an ad in a magazine recently where they had a Jack-o-latern holder that was made out of rebar. It looked like a stick man with a pumpkin head. The feet looked like pitch forks, rebar legs and then a long length of rebar coiled up to make the body and straight rebar for arms. I don't remeber the hands, but I bet another set of pitchforks would work. I think the top of the coiled body may have had a metal plate to hold the jack-o-lantern. It was pretty cute.

o

Hmmm, I would probably use them to border a small or large garden bed or garden box. With the points facing down, pushed down just far enough so that you can still tell they are pitch forks. I think they might look cute all lined up. I wouldn't suggest the other way, with the points up, unless you do not have children or pets that can run and get hurt.

You could also stick a garden stake thru them while they are in the ground.

Mango Princess

o

No idea as to what to do with them..but this begs to be asked.... How in the world did you come to get a bunch of pitchforks without handles??

o

Hang them on a shed or garage wall? I've seen that done a few times and have wanted to get just one at least to do that with but I can't seem to find them when I'm looking for them! LOL

o

well came into a ton of pitchforks due to relative passing...(he was a pack rat) not only farm stuff tons of vintage cast iron cook ware chairs, tons of windows...(those I can use).... my house well lets say it looks like a bad yard sale inside lol...

o

Have seen them hung on a bathroom or dressing room wall and used as a holder for jewelry - necklaces, bracelets, etc. You could paint to match your decor or leave it more "rustic", if you'd like.

Just regular rakes can be used to hold utensils in the kitchen.

o

I MAKE LAWN CRITTERS OUT OF USED GARDEEN TOOLS, REBAR, AND WHATEVER OTHER METAL THINGS I CAN FIND. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE MAKINGS OF AN OSTRICH OR TURKEY THERE.

o

How about a big,cute halloween scarecrow and use them for the hands and feet or a witch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here