Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3rd Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge - 2008

Posted by njtomboy (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 2, 08 at 12:59

This is a challenge I started on the HGTV Holiday Craft Board in 2008. I am inviting all to join in... You can join by posting your picture on the HGTV board or if you are not a member of the board & don't want to join... Don't fret ~ just email me your pictures... I can post for you on the HGTV Holiday Craft message board.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3rd Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge - 2008

Here's the basic idea...

3rd Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge - 2008
Can you believe it? It's Our 3rd Annual BREAST CANCER AWARENESS CRAFT CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am inviting all CRAFTERS (beginners, hobbyist & professional) to join this challenge.

I am so inspired by the survival stories I struggles I have heard surrounding the Breast Cancer. I thought a "Craft Challenge" is a great way to continue the awareness (BTW - this challenge can also be adopted for other awareness issues as well)

Here's the challenge:

Create, Repurpose, Recycle or Reuse an items to create a craft that celebrate those affected by Breast Cancer. Keep in mind the national awareness color for breast cancer is pink. You can incorporate other colors but keep the theme. All mediums are accepted: Papercrafts, T2T, Mosaics, Computer, Sewing, Painting etc... whatever your precious heart desires...

The challenge begins today Thursday, October 2, 2008! It ends Thursday, October 9, 2008. That is the deadline to post your pictures. You only have to post a picture of your creation. We will all vote on the final entries from Friday, October 10th to Friday, October 17th. The winner will be announced on Saturday, October 18th. The winner will receive a special gift from me - a gift box full specialty BC Awareness products.

Participants of this challenge are encouraged to gift their finish project to a survivor or donate it to a local organization or fund raising event.

Are you ready? Who's in for the challenge?

Please share with your friends on other boards... I need you all to market this challenge to get the word out & to help raise awareness. Let's make this a huge success!

Here is a link that might be useful: BC Challenge Blog

o
duh

I started it in 2006! LOL... It's ran 2006, 2007... and now 2008! LOL

o
time to vote

The contest entry is over... Time to VOTE

Here is a link that might be useful: Your Vote Counts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here