Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where's Everybody From?

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 04 at 12:38

This may be OT, but I've been wondering where all of our posters and lurkers are from. It'd be nice to get together sometime and share projects and photos, wouldn't it?

I'm from northcentral Arkansas.

Next?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where's Everybody From?

I'm your neighbor to the south in Texas.
Houston, home of the ASTROS!

Carolyn

o

I'm a cheesehead --- LOL --- Milwaukee,WI

o

Hi,
Not too far from me-central Illinois, near Peoria. Suzi

o

Hi All,
I'm from..Abilene, Texas...but transplanted to Melbourne, Fl. in 1989.
Yes, we're now referred to as the HURRICANE State, and so far have "survived'em all"! I do love Fl. but not this season. I know several of you folks live here, too! Lot's of treasures in Brevard County...but somehow I've not gotten in the mood to do much treasure hunting...yet???

Mary Ann

o

I'm from Belvidere in northeasten North Carolina. One hour west of the Outer Banks, and 45 minutes south of Norfolk. I live in a very rural part of our county. To get to any "civilization" we have to drive at least 25 minutes. That means schools, grocery store or a small type mall. We can't even see our next door neighbors! Our claim to fame was Wolfman Jack lived and died in Belvidere, and Jimmy "Catfish" Hunter a famous baseball player also lived and died in our county.
Sherree!

o

I'm from Macomb Township in southeast Michigan. Very big boating area. We have two boats and a cottage on a nearby island, where we spend most of the summer. Lots of curbside finds and some resale/consignment shops around here. Some of the TS are getting pricey, though. I love to hunt for treasures, if anyone wants to join me.

Rosemary

o

I'm from Pekin Il. Central Il. on the Ill. river, just a few miles from junkers61554.

o

NY state,near the PA line closer to the western edge of NY.

o

I'm west of St. Louis in Missouri.

o

Well as you can see I am an "Ohio Mom"...NE Ohio, greater Cleveland area.

I am a devoted curbside shopper!! Will do GS and some TS, but GS have better bargains, and the "curb" has the best of all!

o

Hamburg, NY about 20 minutes south of Buffalo.

o

I am from La Porte (TX) near Houston
Yea Junkmama - GO ASTROS!!

o

I am from Southern IL, very small town. About 40 miles North west from Carbondale IL. Junkers and junknstuff, I have family in near pekin :)

o

I'm in South Carolina, just south of the NC/SC line. Great junkin in this area. Hallngarden

o

Lindabelle, is the junkin' good around the Houston area? I have relatives in Conroe.

o

I'm in Illinois too, a few miles southeast of Springfield.

Hey neighbors!

o

Everybody look up. Up north that is. I'm Canadian Eh! Southern Ontario, Niagara Peninsula, just 10 minutes from Niagara Falls and 1 1/2 hrs. from Toronto.

o

I am Live in Fayetteville North Carolina, it is mostly military here, as we have Ft. Bragg (army) and Pope Afb(air force), but I just happen to be one of these few that is a native of this area, however, I have tried to live all over the country,but have always ended back up in North Carolina, so this was my final time moving home.

o

Howdy...I'm down here in Jacksonville, FL where the junkin is pretty good and the thrift stores are GREAT!!!
Donna

o

Well, I'm a Georgia Peach, ya'll. I live 1 hour north of Atlanta. I'm smack in the middle of the Carpet Capitol of the world, (well, the USA at least). That, and other flooring is the main industry of our area.

o

I'm from Deep in the Heart of Texas!!! on the banks of the beautiful Brazos River!

o

im orginally born and raised in south texas lived there for 41 yrs just moved to the beautiful hills of missouri and love it,only been here a few months. im about 60 miles southwest of st louis :)

o

I'm in Virginia, just about 45 minutes from downtown DC. I originally grew up in a small farm town in Iowa. Miss that corn!! Dana

o

Another Cheesehead reporting in - northwest of Milwaukee WI.

o

MUSH OH MUSH!!!!!! Waving from Beautiful British Columbia in the Heart of Wine Country. Been in your neck of the woods & it sure is pruuutttttty there...

Us Canucks have to stick together eh !!

o

Hey! is this all the people who do this forum? Where's every one else? Gotta know where everyone's at so we know where to plan our vacation for the best junk.

o

Ogoopogo, we're in wine country here as well. Soon it will be Ice Wine time in Niagara! Nice to meet another Canuck! I hope some day to visit western Canada. I have been East and North but never out West. I'd love to see the mountains!
Mush

o

Another Canuck here - Toronto, Ontario, standing up to be counted!
I don't post here too often, but I do love to read about all your great ideas. I have been inspired by you guys to do many a project!

o

hi, sorry have,nt been around for a while computer problems , lived all over the country what I used to tell folks was I ,ve collected a check in 29 states , although I still claim n.w. colo. steamboat springs as home I live in wichita kansas not as good a view but a whole lot more affordable would love to have someone as interested in junk as I am have had to pass up and let a lot of stuff get thrown away lately just because I could,nt haul it or just did not need it I have found a use for everything that gets thrown out at a large wind shield manufacturing plant and have a luifetime supply of lumber from 5 yrs in their warehouse ,just love looking at something and knowing that the next 100 people would throw it away and I will use it for something useful .from the wheat state Rick

o

From a little town in east central Kansas.

o

Donna sounds like she's my closest neighbor, you're in Dalton right? I'm in Central AL, 70 miles from Atlanta and 60 miles from Birmingham. For you Nascar fans I'm about 10 miles from the infamous Talladega Track know around these parts as "Daleadega". The thrift stores here are iffy, things may be dirt cheap one day and sky high the next. But it's the thrill of the hunt.
Susan In Bama

o

I am from Central Indiana.

o

hi momsgirl2
i hail from nc .100 mi south of raleigh, 60 miles west of the ocean ;3oo miles east from the blueridge mts.and where i figured if they dropped a bomb to cripple the east it,s nose would be here.we are in the middle of ft bragg army, pope afb, camp lejuene marine, seymour johnson afb, cherry point afb.our port is only 100 miles away, and out nuclear plant is about 100 miles away .
country living is my pie.i live in a town that is dying a slow death .we are losing our industry and being sucked dry by america,s largest fleecing . a global transpark which signifies nothing but a buyout of our good farmland and uping our taxes .which has shown us nothing for 10 yrs.

o

Southern Oregon, Central Point, right outside of Medford. It's finally raining here today. We needed this bad.

o

Isn't this just amazing ?

( Yes--I'm STILL in awe of computers !) I feel like everyone is my closest neighbor !!!!

o

I am from Katy, TEXAS, west of Houston.
Way to go ASTROS

o
Everybody From?

Hey!!! NO ONE out there from NE Ohio???...don't tell me I am the only curbshopper/junker here..come out, come out where ever you are!!!!!

Linda

o

Also a lurker, I'm from SE Central Illinois, near Moonshine. Any farm primitives are my favorite finds.

Jan

o

Hi! I'm from Forest, Virginia. I'm right at the Peaks of Otter at the Blue Ridge Mountains and about 4 hrs. away from Va. Beach. I like to go to yard sales, GW and TS. The junk is not great but the hunt is.

o

Hi Everyone,I'm here in Lecanto,Fl.It's so great that we can share so much and live all over the place!!!!

o

Crestview, Florida. A relatively small town about 30 minutes east of Pensacola. My hubby is in the Air Force, stationed at Eglin, but did 3 years at Hurlburt Field. We bought our house last year and are staying put. Curb shopping is great here and in Fort Walton! Every room in our home has something that was scavenged hehehe!

o

I'm from Sugar Land which is a suburb southwest of Houston.

o

I'm Sheree and I'm in mid-Michigan.

o

Lurker here checking in from North Central Indiana - 1 hour NE of Indy. (Waving hi KarenMG!)

o

NEW BERLIN WI THIS IS MY FIRST EVER MESSAGE.NO MORE LURKING.

o

Patsy -- New Berlin ??? YOu are my neighbor !!!!!!! LOL

o

Hello-

I'm in Chicago.

Radd

o

hey momsgirl2, I have been thinking about your post, about where you are from, as I said, I live in Fayetteville, I think I have figured it out, you live in Kinston, am I right???? I went to lenoir community college and have family that lives in Goldsboro, just curious. Carolinacraftymama

o

Glad to see more Cheeseheads (I knew about toomuchglass) - I'm NW of Milwaukee.

o

carofl93: I have family in FL. Was just in Destin as Ivan was arriving. I LOVE it down there. Been vacationing there my whole life.

Ohiomom: I'm about 3hrs from you.

I'm in Central Ohio, just NW of Columbus, Ohio.

o

Nobody else from Minnesota????

o
Where's Everybody

Aha!!! Another Ohio Buckeye...knew there had to be someone else out there covering those curbs!!! LOL

Linda

o

I'm Shirl and I live in Wentzville, about an hour or less west of St. Louis, Missouri. Love living in the midwest, but would love to have a mountain behind my house....and a beach within a few hours drive. Anyone else have that?

o

Appleton, WI
alizeran

o

Live in the valley between two mountain ranges in southern Oregon. Actually live on a mountain and the beach is 1 1/2 hours away....and yep, I love it.

o

........Central Florida.........where there's always a beach within an hour drive

o

Dilworth, Minnesota--(Across the river from Fargo, ND)

o

hi carolinacraftymamma
you are so right 7 miles from the college toward trenton.

o

I'm one hour south of St.Louis,near the best rivers ,parks and streams.AND, ASTRO FANS...HOW ABOUT THOSE CARDINALS!!!
(sorry,couldn't resist)LOL

o

I'm in Westfield MA. Originally born & bred in The Bronx. And still and always proud to be a New York Yankee fan!!!!

o

Another cheesehead. I'm from Middleton, a Madison (Wis.) suburb, and I work on the Square in downtown Madison. Toomuchglass, since I also love the SG forum, I'll have to come visit you sometime. I'm in a stained glass class each Mon. night, and I'm also working on a mosaic birdbath.

Nice to "meet" everyone!

o

Reading, MA==Seems like Possypatti and I are the only ones from this area. There are certainly plenty of people in my area that love to curbside shop. We no longer get bulk pickups but sure would like to find a place around here that does. It gets the adrenaline going! Jacquelyn

o

I have been lurking here for about a month now and just from what I have read......The only Jersey girl here
Hi from South Jersey...not far from Philly.
Dee

o

...from RI, the crookedest little state in the union. lol - we've got the market cornered on corruption. not funny, actually, but you've gotta laugh or cry. i'm in rural area, 15 minutes from beautiful beaches and great woods for hiking, too. lots of variety packed in a little space. great flea markets and zillions of yard sales. ;-)

o

That's it - I'm moving to Rhode Island! LOL

o

Another Georgia Peach here. A real dumpster diver from Rabun County (NE Ga Mountains)
Hey Logan...was in 'dega couple a weeks ago for the race. Love the 'dega race, cops know how to keep the traffic moving.

o

Mary here.... saying Hi from Louisiana...

o

Hey, so far we have 22 states & 2 Canadians represented. Be neat if we could have all 50 states accounted for. Ill. & Wis. have the most with 6 each. Fl. & Tex. next with 5. Can ya tell I'm bored? only 57 people have reported in so far.I know we got more. "B"

o

A big HI from Hertfordshire, England. I love collecting junk and have several projects on the go. Will post pics when Ive finished. Im helping a friend with a large wall mosaic in her house. Its slow going but its taking shape. Nice to meet you all.

o

HI GillM & a big welcome. Heck with all the states. How many countries do we have?

o

the Village of Wrightstown, PA. smack in the middle of colonial history- the guy who owns the ice cream shop two towns over plays George Washington in the annual christmas 'Crossing' of the delaware river :)

it's the seat of the local grange association, and we didn't get a traffic light at the 5-point intersection until 1994...and 30 years ago, it was the 'cow country' that is sounds like.

now? I like to joke that Levittown's taken over most of the county, with the houses getting bigger every year- but without the quality getting any better.

o

South Central Pa...right next to Lake Raystown.....

o

Another International visitor here.
I live in Kilsyth in the foothills of the beautiful Dandenong Ranges east of Melbourne.

Spring here at the moment and the week of our 6 monthly hard rubbish collection. Lots of 'window shopping aka kerb crawling' to do before the trucks come round.

Cathy

o

Hi everyone, another foreigner here - a Kiwi living in Queensland Australia, 30 minutes north of Surfers' Paradise.

o

I'm originally from Texas, but currently live in France. :)

Leslie

o

I'm from the great Pacific Northwest - Kelso, Washington (yes, the state!). Right in Mt. St. Helen's country!

Alicia

o

Hello to everyone! I'm on the mid east coast of Vancouver Island, we have the mildest winters in Canada, beautiful spot between the mountains & the ocean. Lots of beach, rivers, forest, fish & wildlife. Great place for junkin'
cozy

o

Hi everybody
I'm from the Eastern Townships in Quebec Canada

o

SecondhandRose(mary)2 -
I would love to go around to the resale shops with you one day in your area.
I'm in Oakland county, and the only one I like here is called "Yankee" something in Farmington. It's basically just used furniture.

I recently got a bigger vehicle, so getting things home is not the problem it used to be.

If you want to navigate, I will steer. Let me know!

Jamie

o

I'm a lurker from NE Ohio. east of Akron, S of Cleveland, N of Canton, and W of Youngstown. Too old to go curbing but do occasional put out a freebie.

o

Haven't posted in this particular forum in a while....I'm from PA enjoying the beautiful fall leaves at the moment!

o

Nashville, Tennessee - Hi ya'll!!!

Cheryl

o

hi everyone I'm from granite falls ncjust at the base of the beautiful blue ridge mtns.

o

/wave

de-lurking here momentarily

Port St Lucie, FL here, not much *usable* trash as of late (we got the eye of both hurricanes - seems like everything is trash :-( but most ppl are recovering). Seems I have a few neighbors here on the boards - nice to see yas :-)

o

It's great to hear where everybody's from. Sure was hoping I'd find another Arkie that liked to junk! LOL

o

I'm from northern Arizona.

o

Hi, I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada

o

Hey Peoria & Pekin -- I am from right between you two -- Creve Coeur -- and now in the Rio Grande Valley where we don't have snow & ice storms and freezing rain. Stay warm this winter.

o

I'm an Okie from Muskogee :) (Muskogee, Oklahoma that is)

o

HI , I'm from the Hawkeye State, Iowa. We live on a farm in the central part of the state. Junkin/curbshopping , and thrift stores are a favorit.
Iowa corn and tomatoes are the best.

o

Hi - I am a lurker from St. Croix - US Virgin Islands that is - yep the Caribbean. Junk is hard to find here we do have GS ....I am still looking for a bowling ball to do one of the bowling ball projects like in the other forum ::

o

Man, I'm impressed! I've NEVER had this many responses to a post that I've made! LOL

Think I'll just start travelin' around on the Garden Web askin' where everybody is from.....! LOL

o

Hi YaYa! I didn't realize it had been so long since I was here at the TTT Forum!

I'm from South Central Texas.

o

THIS IS ALL THERE IS????? Can't even get 6 more people?

o

Mainly a lurker that enjoys everyones decorating adventures.I'm in central Fl Mickey Mouse country ;)

o

Old City Quarter>Nanaimo> Vancouver Island> British Columbia> Canada, Eh! LUV TO JUNK!!!

o

Born & raised outside of Buffalo N.Y.
But lived most my life in CA around the San Francisco Bay Area, inland about 30 miles.

o

Hello from the southwesternmost corner of Pennsylvania! Have been around here for a long time. You can tell by all the 'trashy' ornaments in my garden.
GOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!

o

Oklahoma

o

Massachusetts, originally. Now living in Holland.

o

Hey Carofl93, I just moved to your small town of Crestview. We are building a house over around Indian Trails. I think we are really going to love it here, it is like living in the country, but your still near all of the beaches! We moved here from Port Charlotte Florida, north of Ft. Myers, south of Sarasota. We lived there for over 25 years, and we moved to Crestview to be near my brother who got out of the Air Force a few years a go and now works for Boeing.

Nice to meet you neighbor!

o

From NE Texas. I love reading what everyone is doing

o

Another Cheesehead here - SE Wisconsin.

o

I'm another "Ohio Buckeye" lurker. I live in the heart of Amish Country, about 15 miles west of the Hall of Fame.
You folks are so creative. I just love coming here to see all of your treasures and what you do with them.
Pat

o

I'm another "Hoosier", from a the very small town, West Point, Indiana. Just about 8 miles south of Lafayette, where the Mighty Wabash runs through, and Purdue University reigns large. A great big Hello to everyone, and a special Hoosier Howdy! to KarenMG and hengal.

Pam.

o

Born in England, have lived in Texas, Chicago, Boston, but Atlanta has been home for the past ten years

o

i'm down here in palm beach county, hurricane central lately! way too much yucky junk out lately post-wilma.
we have in our town "amnesty day" 2x a year where you can throw out anything, i mean anything, & they'll take it away. i've gotten wicker chairs & a table, an electric typewriter that worked(till hubby dropped it), pool floats, lots of pots & planters...

o

Well, sounds as though at least a couple of people made some "junkin' matchups"!

Let's hear it for Arkansas!? I'm still tryin'! LOL

o

Another Peoria(IL) native, here! Yeah, I know Pekin and Creve Coeur, too. Geez, isn't it amazing what a small world it is when you get on the internet?

patty_cakes

o

Greetings everyone! Im on the North shore of Lake Superior in Thunder Bay, Ontario well, rural Thunder Bay. Where the moose walk not even 6 feet from me as I look out my bedroom window!

o

I'm from NW Iowa and the San Antonio Tx area. I call Iowa my home and my love. I live 8 months in Iowa and 4 in Tx.

o

Hi all....I'm fairly new to the group here and I love all the info here!!!! I'm in Depew NY....one of the Buffalo burbs.

o

It seems as if almost everyone is from USA. So I'll spice this up. I am from Barbados in the Caribbean.

o

Northern Indiana here. Waving a special hi
to all the other hoosiers.

o

Merry Christmas from the middle of the Nevada desert. :-)

o

Origanally from Idaho but now call the central San Jouqin Valley in California home. I too, live 25 min from the mountains and about 2 1/2 hrs from the beach. Sure glad Happytime posted I was beginning to think no-one lived out here.lol
Kelly

o

Poway, Calif. here.
I was wondering when California was going to chime in :)!

o

Howdy ya all!
I am not far from the AR border. About 25 min. I live in MO. outside of Doniphan. We have the beautiful Current River nearby. They just put in a new antique shop in Fairdealing which is about 15 min away.

o

Hi every one I am from cross sc on beautiful lake
moultrie in Santee Cooper Country plenty of the flat
head catfish and Ark. blues. we grow them BIG. I am
50 miles from Charleston and 69 miles from Columbia.
Yardnut

o

Hi all, I was just breezing through (looking for some craft ideas) and saw this thread. I was starting to feel lonely. Thought I was the only one in California. I'm also in the San Jauquin valley (Stanislaus Co.) I've only been out here for three years. I was raised in the San Francisco Bay area and then spent 9+ years in the Santa Cruz Mnts, nine miles in from the Monterey Bay. I'm now about 90 miles from the Monterey Bay and 90 miles from Yosemite. Not too bad.

:o)

o

Minneapolis, MN

o

Used to be London, Ontario, Canada, now live a few miles out, as I moved to my old step-Uncle's farm after he died a couple of years ago and the new owner didn't want the house.

I do the kerb krawl at times, but don't usually alter the stuff much (not much talent, I guess).

Picked up a bunch of kids clothing along the median of a freeway a while ago, donated it to a support group for struggling families.

Have a great New Year, all.

ole joyful

o

Hi from south central PA, 1 mile from mason dixon line, live in PA, work in Maryland so I claim both states!!!

o

"Hi" to everyone. I'm from Ohio. Love Garden Web!

o

South Louisiana here, about 60 miles north of the still great New Orleans.

Sharon

o

I'm another north Georgia Peach - in Carpet Capital - Dalton. I joined in summer of 2004 and read everyday! I love this group and how creative you all are!
Faye

o

Just down the road from yardnutZ8, in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. A transplant from the Cleveland area in Ohio.

o

Hi everyone,
I'm from Victoria British Columbia. Canada
Have a wonderful day and thank-you all for the pics and info. What a amazing creative bunch you guys are.
Hi cozy hows everything up island?
Debbie

o

Hello, I am a recent lurker on this forum and I live in Parkes, New South Wales, Australia.

Cheryl

o

Not far from Flower,i'm in Oceanside,Ca.30 minutes north of San Diego.
Kathi

o

Hello all from another lurker. South Dakota... yup on the prairie, just over the border from MN.

o

Another Buckeye checkin' in. I'm from the southwest area, north of Cinci but south of Dayton. Lurk here sometimes, post on a few of the forums here at GW.
Mary

o

I pop in here every now and then...just depends on how much traffic there is if I post or not though.

I'm from central PA...like dead smack in the middle!

o

Hey Des Arc Ya Ya
Another Arkansas junker here. Judging from your username--I live close to your neck of the woods. I live near the Jackson/White County line. Have several friends from your area. I really enjoyed reading where everybody was from.
Also enjoyed the post on new uses for old items. It gave me lots of ideas for my yard sale finds.
Donna

o

Another Buckeye...born in Columbus...lived there 26 years. Now I'm outside of Chicago.

o

Looks like I'm only the 3rd Oregonian.
I'm near Eugene, OR, but rural.

45 minutes to the beach (takes me 20 to drive to work...maybe I should turn the other way next time and go play instead), 60 minutes to the Cascade Mountains, 120 minutes to high desert.
Deanna

o

I mostly lurk here but I am on GJ more, dgkritch I'm in Oregon also, in between Medford and Grants Pass, I will probably move to Idaho in the spring to be near my daughter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here