Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas project for old glass coffee pots

Posted by tealcatfan (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 10, 06 at 11:45

I am thinking of what I could do with a couple old coffee pots I have anyone got any ideas?
TYIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas project for old glass coffee pots

Coffee pots always make beautiful real/faux flower vases. Is it clear glass, use the half-marbles or other marbles/cut glass pieces you find at craft stores or Walmart (in the craft section) and put them in the bottom to hold the flowers up straight or to cover up the stems of the faux flowers. About $1.99 at WM and $1 at the Dollar Store. You could even GE Silicone II glue the half-marbles on it in a pretty flower design or another design and then do the flowers or as a holder for something else.

Another idea I've seen on the Garden Junk forum is they hang a watering can/tea pot/coffee pot from a post hanger and plant flowers in it or string some light blue beads and glue them to the inside of the spout so it looks like water is being poured out. Do a "search" in that forum on teapots, I think that will find that post.

Hope these ideas help you with your project, please post a pic for us to see when you're done.

Sal

o

Minature garden with tiny plants. You could put a top on it to keep in the moisture.

o

I had a small lamp that I made in high school that I didn't really like anymore. It was small enough it fit down inside an old aluminum coffee pot I had sitting in the kitchen (I have Primitive country decor) and voila' I have a light on my microwave now! I should have done it YEARS ago because it's a nice light to have on in the evenings to light up the kitchen without having to turn on the chandelier over the table.

I would also plant flowers in it. They could be used inside or out.

o

See Mojo's post about "why didn't I think of that."

Sal

o

If you like fish, try putting colored marbles on the bottom, and a beta, and then a few waterplants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here