Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help to make a carousel horse?

Posted by parker806 (parkervicki2000@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Oct 28, 08 at 10:42

can anyone please email me with pics of the carousel horses you make. i finally got the horse and not sure what type of paint to use outdoors, brush or spray, and how to decorate it when finished. i saw some a while ago in photobucket but they have been moved or deleted now. thanks for the help and info, vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help to make a carousel horse?

Hi vicki

I found this thread by doing a search for horse at the bottom of the trash to treasure page. It has a couple of beautys and I think some instructions. There are other links and some of the pics may be gone but some are still there.
Good luck and post a pic!
kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Carousel horse thread

o

thanks kathy, that is just what i was looking for. i sent you an email but thought i would also post here. thanks for the help. vicki

o

you are welcome. Thanks for posting. I wasn't sure if you saw the link.
kathy

o

Hi! I have made 1 carousel horse and my sister has made 19! However, ours are only for indoors. I don't know how to post a picture and don't have time to search today. If I was going to do one for outdoors I would use Patio Paints and a good poly coat over that. If anyone can help me post a picture I can show some of ours. We fill the holes with joint compound, letting each coat dry and adding more, then use fine sandpaper to smooth. We also put them on poles and stands. Any questions I will be happy to answer if I can! Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here