Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Straw hats!? THIS time of year!?

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 11, 06 at 10:06

Where can I find (at this stage of the game!) a couple of straw hats (the kind with the large brims) to paint a black cat on for Halloween and to do a snowman on for winter? You know, the kind where the crown is painted black, ears, fuzzy tail, etc. are added on? The snowman uses the crown for his face and then a small hat is attached to his "head", etc.?

Checked at WalMart and they don't have any. Shoot! Guess I should have thought of them back when it was still summer! Grumble...grumble...LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Straw hats!? THIS time of year!?

Try someplace like the Dollar Tree in the toy section. I think I've seen some there in the past. You may have to pull the trim off.

o

hi
thrift stores. ?? Rick

o

You might even check out some of the bigger dept stores such as Filene's (now Macy's) and see what they have left over on clearance. J.C. Penney's, Sears, maybe, maybe not. Good luck in find the hats.

Sal

o

Found one this morning at a garage sale, you guys, for 25 cents! LOL It's not exactly the shape that I wanted but I think it's going to work!

(Man! I'm such a cheap date! LOL)

o

Oh Des, good for you. Can't wait to see made what you described above. Pics, pics, pics, don't forget!!

Sal

o

YAYA You can find them at Oriental Trade.I hope I spelt that correct.They have ever thing.YOu can order them if you do not live where there is one.Its a great great store.

o

Thanks, Judy, but I don't need them now. I already had one and then found another one at a garage sale. Gave one to my grandkids to hang on their door and kept one for me. I'll post a photo when I can locate the camera! LOL

o

Michaels and AC Moore.

I made several snowmen hats! The black cat is a really cute idea

o

Lauren, do you have a photo of one of your snowmen? I'll try to get one of my black cat tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here