Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From my mil

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 16, 08 at 9:33

After my mil died the family went through her remaining stuff in storage and some we took and a lot went to Goodwill. Here are a couple of things that no one wanted so I took them.

The little bench was battered and antiqued green with blue chcckered cloth cover. Now with a bit of paint and some oil cloth it is a side table or extra seat on my porch. I just thought the bed (identical head and foot boards was beautiful. Not sure what I'll do with it yet.

kathy

Carolines bench transformed

Head board

Detail of bed frame

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From my mil

OOOH, I so love that bed,,,how cute an prim,,,would make a beautiful bench,,,darling, jus darling,,sorry to go on,,but wish I could find stuff that cute,,,an nice job on bench,,,love the colors

o

My mother had a bed like that years and years ago :)

o

Like what you did with the stool! That bed is wonderful!! Show us what you do with it!!Jan

o

Great job on the bench! What a good idea to use the oil cloth to have it outside! I have one of those....maybe I can steal your idea!

The bed is called a spool bed. I guess because it looks like lots of sewing spools put together. I have one that was my parents. I'm hanging onto it to use in the guest room. I would love to see what you end up doing with yours!

o

I have seen these is gardens with flowers and climbing roses, but they may have been metal/brass. Maybe inside you could put artifical flowers or even real ones if you are not going to use it for a bed. Check Backyard Living (Reman/Reader Digest) If you have the room to display the flowers and little animals perched around, peeking out etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here