SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Salvaged a strip of my chldhood bedspread...

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

now what do I do with it?

I had an all cotton, including the batting, "quilt" that my mom probably got from the Sears catalog on my bed as a child. I still have it, pink roses in a diamond pattern. The problem is it is almost totally destroyed by time and use and sunshine. So I bit the bullet and threw it in the trash yesterday, but I first cut an approx. 16 inch strip off the bottom, the only good part.

I'm trying to think of a use for it in my craft displays. I'm not one to make Teddy bears or such. I also have a utility quilt that my Memere made that's gotten a bit threadbare. I don't want to get rid of it because it is made from my great grandmothers dresses. I'm thinking that could be my craft booth table cloth.

These are not works of art, tho the utility quilt (big triangles of dress fabric and big triangles of white) is all hand made tho very quickly so. I also have a more beautiful quilt of the same ilk in better condition.

I will take a picture of the handmade quilt before it gets worse for starters. And maybe also the roses quilt scrap.

What do you do with (rather large) old things that memories and history make so much more valuable than the object itself?

Kathy

Comments (13)

Sponsored