Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my newest window painting tried oil paints this time

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 6:34

well just to let you guys now, I actually got a contract with the arts council for some of my work...Im still in shock lol...anyway wanted to see how oil worked on glass...so here is my first painting...(i still need to paint the sil (what color Im stumped lol) the reflection is the flash...but I think with my next oil (if i like how it works I will add some reflective areas....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my newest window painting tried oil paints this time

oops lol to early i guess lol

o

Wow. I'm envious. You are very talented.
Lynn

o

BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, FANTASTIC, AWESOME, and all the rest of the words that describe something so unique. You did an excellent job. Wow, a contract with the Arts Council, you must be so thrilled. Please explain more, what, where, how - will you paint in town hall windows?, murals in the city?

May I suggest a black frame. If you chose a Glossy Black that would give you the shine you want. And you're right, the shimmer from the camera flash makes it look like there is moonlight shining down on the mountains.

Sal

P.S. How did you do selling your painted windows at the craft fair you spoke of?

o

I never made the craft fair, my dad fell ill and passed away so I was busy with him....how i got the arts council contract, my hair dresser saw my work and told the arts council in mebane nc about my work...

I do sell to two different stores in nj...so far just in the stores Ive sold 7 paintings....I was surprised the first one sold for 80.00...(I sell to the store for 45.00) and now I was asked to help a woman design her bedroom in the shabby chic/ french country look...and I will be painting a mural for a contractor in the spring...so far things are looking good....oh and the other thing Im doing is adding quilts to my windows they look so cute...I hope these take off also since it takes no time to make lol

o

Mojo, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad, please know you have my deepest condolences.

Thanks for getting back to me about the Arts Council. My sis decorates her home French Country and it is so beautiful, all the roosters, floral, etc. Her primary colors are browns/dark reds/golds. In one area of her dining room she has a black baker's rack with a gorgeous display of dishes (not plates/cups) and on one of the shelves she has a book holder with a cookbook open to a desert dish. It is just so ingenious.

So, good luck to you in designing the bedroom and the mural painting. I've seen the quilts behind the glass on mirrors, so very pretty.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here