Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycling Old Neckties-Wearable Art For Gifts!

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 1:53

I made a few things from half a necktie...I'm making my granddaughter a skirt out of ties, and have lots of fabric to use!
I made 3 different types of lapel pins or hair pins, and I may make tutorials if anyone would like that. I have plans for a purse and some headbands.
These would be great gifts for the holidays for any age, and very inexpensive, but very chic! All you need to buy is pin backings or bobby pins or those snap close pins :D

Photos of all are on my blog.
kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycling Old Neckties-Wearable Art For Gifts!

Those are amazing. The flower pin is soo pretty! I think your gd will love her skirt! Very creative and lovely gift ideas. TFS Tutorial for the ones made out of lengths of fabric would be nice.
At a museum in Toronto, downstairs where they have kids programs, I saw a dress made out of neckties. The whole length was used, and the narrow part of the tie was on the bodice, and the wide part made a flared skirt. It was beautiful!
kathy

o

Beautiful!! I think I once saw a small round table topper of neckties & it was lovely , also a pillow covered with them & some lace(heavy crocheted type) Don't remember how it looked I cut the pic out but who knows where it is!!!! All of the pins are lovely & shirt will be beautiful & she'll love the uneven hemline with all the points!! Your ties are so attractive that they work up great!! Nice work!! Jan

o

thanks ya'll!!
I want to share a tutorial for making the necktie rose pin. Lots of photos, so check it out!

kudzu/cherry

o

I made a tutorial for necktie tie tip daisy pins :D Check it out! these would be great, inexpensive, quick gifts!
kudzu/cherry

o

That's so awesome!

o

That's great. Loved that site.

o

I was thinking that they would be great if you could combine some and make them into head scarfs. Head scarfs are really popular for younger girls this season

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here