Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Old Lamps

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 23:01

I re-did my old lamps I've had for 20 years...and that I bought at a yard sale....but all the new ones are out of my budget for now and the ones I liked look just like my old ones. I had to throw the shades away after all this time, so I bought some black rustoleum spray paint, and two new lamp shades, and got "new" lamps for about $32 dollars. I think I'll start checking out the yard sales and thrift stores for new lamps and hope I find some really nice ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Old Lamps

They are perfect! Who needs new ones?
Yours are probably better quality than many around today anyway.
kathy
ps nice blog, it was fun to look at your projects

o

Owww what a great idea! I have some that I dearly love. Over the years the finish has worn away and they have tarnished badly.

Were your metal? Couldn't find a pic on your site. Did you have to do anything to them first to make the paint stick?

o

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks Concreteprimroses. They are really expensive metal lamps, but I'm not going to polish brass..lol..so I spray painted them black, which matches a lot of things in my living room now. These are really heavy lamps.Rub them down with some steel wool to give some tooth for the paint to stick to. This should be the right page the lamps are on, on an older post.Check out my blog here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

I saw the lamps on your website &. they look great. Also today saw the sheets you bought for curtains & i love them. Will look great with the sofa covers.Post pics went finished with them!! Thanks, Jan

o

Thanks Jan! I got 2 windows finished, and 2 side panels for the 3rd window, but not the valances. I'm crafting for a sale Saturday, and sewing for the living room at the same time! I'd gotten some gold fabric with burgandy embroidered diamonds at a yard sale, with some gold trims, that I wanted to make lamp shades for the buffet lamps, but I've mis-placed it. Of course if I go out and buy some more, I'll find the one I lost! Here is one window finished.

Here is a link that might be useful: my living room curtains made from sheets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here