SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freecycle_queen

What I did....

Freecycle_Queen
18 years ago

Ok here is what I did with a set of wicker furniture I bought at a church benefit sale for $5 for a loveseat and two chairs. This was really a nice wicker set at one time that just needed some TLC. What I did was painted the loveseat royal blue and the chairs americana red. Then where the "diamonds" are that is in the center of the chairs, I made a star stencil and painted one white star in the center of the diamonds. The loveseat had two diamonds on it, so I put one in each center of those diamonds as well. I have had a TON of people stop and offer me anywhere from $150 to $300 for this set. And to think I paid $5 bucks for all and only have about $10 in paint for it and still have some left for my other Americana projects. After I made this set, I was given a old card table off of Freecycle and I used the rest of the paint to paint it to match my wicker set. I painted the legs red and white and the top the blue then did 12 stars all the way around it and 1 in the middle for the 13 colonies. I have had alot of people offer good money for that as well. I never knew what a trashy set of wicker and an old table could look like with some love and time, until I made them look "new" again! Hope this gives someone else some new ideas!

Comments (5)

Sponsored