Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light bar turned into......

Posted by lady_alicia (afinalword@aol.com) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 21:46

Hi everyone. Me again. My latest project.....I turned this bathroom light bar into a tea light candle holder. Fits perfectly on my bay window. Not thrilled with how the paint effect turned out, but it'll do. I was trying to match the other things I have placed on the window, and I got pretty close, but it's not perfect. It's good enough, though. I put so much paint on this thing!

Before Picture:
LightBefore

After Picture:
LightAfter

At least I finally figured out how to resize the pics thanks to some other GWeb members - thank yopu!! Now you don't have to scroll all over the page to see them. :)

Happy treasure-making!
Alicia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light bar turned into......

Came out lovely! Nice reuse & gives off a lovely glow! Jan

o

Thanks, Jan. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. It looks nice at night when it's lit. This was an easy re-do project.

Now off to the next one.....I'm trying to clear out my storage room of all the projects I've started over the years! :)

Alicia

o

I'm tempted to go out and buy a new one just so I can do that!

o

I know. Isn't it addicting? I'll end up going to the local used furniture and thrift stores just to see if I can find something because I saw it on here!

My husband said I overpaid for it, but this was probably all the lady sold that day at her yard sale. I paid $4, so if I overpaid, oh, well. Then I made her day. :) I need to learn how to negotiate prices, I guess.

I stood there looking at it trying to think what I could do with it, and I think the lady thought I didn't know what it was, so she told me it was a light bar. I then told her what I was going to do with it, which is why I was looking so hard at it, and she was amazed with the idea. So much so that I think she was sorry she sold it! :))

o

That's AWESOME!!

o

Thanks, laurastheme! A smaller one would be nice to find now! :) This one must have been above a pretty big mirror.

o

i love it i need to find one now and redo it with wrapping paper make it a all season one with stickers or maybe aleene tacky over& over glue not sure of the name but u put it on the back of a pic and let it dry overnite and then u can put it on anything & take it off and replace it on something else

o

I just saw one that a lady painted all black to match her decor and then decroated it for the holidays with holiday greens and berries. You'd just have to be careful that none of that was too close to where it would catch fire.

I'm always on the lookout for more light bars. :) Would love to make more as gifts for family members.

Alicia

o

You can use battery tea lights also!

o

goodwill had one for 5 .00 and now i wished i had gotten it lol

o

Just picked up another light bar today. They actually had two, one bigger like above and one smaller, but I bought the smaller one. I plan on trying to sell it or give it to a family member and don't know if they would have room for a big one like I have. Maybe I'll go back for the bigger one. Who knows. :)

I like the battery-operated tea lights idea. That would add a nice glow too!

Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here