Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vellux Blanket nap-separated, uses?

Posted by blueberrier1 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 21, 08 at 21:33

Anyone use the separated vellux nap for any project/craft?

Have two VERY OLD (ie 30 + years) vellux single bed blankets-no longer cozy-since the nap has sloughed off in many areas.
The interior mesh is wondrously strong and I have used it for many things. Am gradually removing the remaining 'blue' vellux nap so I have enough netting as replacement for my chicken capturing net as processing time appraoches.

Have noted in past years that song birds captured some of the nap fragments and used them as nesting materials. Am thinking of burying the current bag of nap in my flower bed that needs improved drainage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vellux Blanket nap-separated, uses?

I've not thought of using the nap but I bought a blanket at a garage sale, all of the nap came off in the washer. After I stopped laughing and cleaned out the washer, I have been using it to dry garlic and other veg in my greenhouse as the small dirt clods and garlic pieces don't fall through. Paula

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here