Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Decoupaged a mini Cabinet...

Posted by tasymo (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 21:14

This has been a time consuming, but really fun project!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Saver Cabinet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Decoupaged a mini Cabinet...

I love the cabinet. Very creative and so chic!!!! Wish I could find a cabinet like that. Was it part of a desk, like the hutch part, or a card catalog from a libray, you think?? Where did you get it? I love it.

I save seeds as well and I decopauged shoe boxes to put them in.

seed box homemade

seed box homemade

o

I think it might be a spice chest reproduction. It's very solid. I found it at a thrift store, years ago. I love your seed saver box. Did you use magazine pics?

o

Yes, I used magazine pieces that I cut out. I have so many gardening magazines, the ones I DON'T keep, so I started cutting away. I've had the boxes for several years now and love them. I'd also love to have a cabinet like you got. I have a table that someone sat out for the trash that is really nice, and I do all of my seed sorting there, and a cabinet like that would be perfect on it. Now I have something new to look for at our used furniture store! I usually go to those places with nothing in mind, but now I have something to add to my list to search for. I just love how you did that cabinet, though. I love the fairy girls. It was very creative how you placed them and all.

Isn't it amazing how we hang on to things we find only to finally do something with them years and years later!? I have so many things here that I hang on to for that very reason. Almost grabbed an older wooden kitchen chair my neighbor sat out for the garbage, and my husband prohibited me from running out to get it. Said it looked fine right where it was at. LOL But it was so tempting. I'm just running out of "storage" room for all my treasures!

Any other projects you're going to tackle?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here