Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Items I Got - Pic

Posted by
craftylady-2006
(gw:craftylady-2006) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 21:03

I found these items at a place I call "The Junk Store." It's a little shop with some antiques, some "real" junk (in my book), old dishes, tables, baskets, holiday items, etc, that folks were going to throw out. I think the owner goes to tag sales and picks this stuff up and then sells it in her shop. Quite frankly, I don't consider any of what I got tonight as "junk" - just me doing some country decorating at cheap prices. I will use it of course, for fall/halloween decorating. Hope you enjoy!!

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk Shopping

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Items I Got - Pic

You scored some great finds there. Congratulations on it. think I like the bird the best, but would be happy with any of it .

Karen

o

I love the locally run thrift stores. They have so much more variety than the national thrift stores AND the prices are better!
Course sometimes there's some pretty strange stuff to sort thru but I think that adds to the fun when you find a treasure you truly love.
Nice finds!

o

Great stuff. I think they will be very easy to cluster in a corner of a porch or garden. Make sure you don't place them where the winter weather will ruin them. They are awsome.

o

hey crafty....that little bike looks like the bike my grandmother gave me..(it was her doll bike back in the late 1800's early 1900's) so you might have a victorian doll bike there...nice score!

o

Oh, I like the Jug the best! I love primitive antiques :)

o

Mojo, I don't think it's an antique as you describe. I got it very cheap for one thing, $6 if I remember correctly. I love the jug also Sweets. I found this aged handmade wooden foot bench and started doing a little collection of primitive pottery. So far I have a Redwing Pottery No. 5 crock (5 gallons) some crocks that were cheap in price and a soda bottle looking one that I got at an antique store for $22. I want to pick up another one and the shop owner wants $75 for it, it's really worth about $200 I'm told, she had an antique dealer appraise it. Yeah, that's a lot, but when you want it, you want it.

Sal

o

Sal, Great finds!!! Can't wait till we get to go "junking" together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here