Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cabinet door into message center

Posted by sherree (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 04 at 20:45

found this old cabinet door. already had the glass out. sanded the front and painted 1/4 inch plyboard with primer then chalkboard paint. glued the other plyboard with the corkboard. stapled both in the back. you don't see it , but i also added chalk/eraser and tacks to the boards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cabinet door into message center

Way cool! I really like it!

Becky B :)

o

Great idea! It looks great and soooo useful!

Brenda

o

Would be great in a kitchen or in a child's room. Good job!

o

Very nice job, gosh you could sell them.

o

It is beautiful....did you know there is magnetic paint? You can use it under the chalkboard paint, then you have a magnetic chalkboard. I have a paneled door in the kitchen. I plan on using it as this type of message center.

o

is there an insert you can buy for a cabinet door? or is it best to do it yourself. thanks.

o

i cut 2 pieces of thin plyboard found at the local home depot to fit each section. then glued the corkboard to one and painted the other with the chalk board paint. hope this helps.
sherree!

o

get sheets of galvanized metal to make magnetic inserts. They can also be covered with fabric. Holds much stronger than magnetic paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here