Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some More Finds

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 18:39

A neat metal stool, three wooden barrels, and a Salad Master food Chopper. Photos in my Webshots "Trash To Treasure" album:

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some More Finds

Love, love, love those nail kegs! That metal stool has great potential too. And I totally love how your kitty manages to get into the shots!! Too cute.

o

I could see the kitty is wondering just what is going on in her backyard! Our rabbit used to get bent out of shape when I changed things. I have a barrel painted red when I got it at YS & it has held small tabletop for a Halloween party, is used to hold redwood chips for yard & room enough left for Bagged yard fertilizer., an old garbage can lid fits on top so I don't have to smell anything. You'll find lots of things you can use them for. Neat stool, needs to be a bright color! Jan

o

I wish I could find some barrels like those. You have some neat finds indeed. Have fun using your imagination and creating treasures for your patio! I've seen the barrels as tables, planting flowers in them, or titled on their sides on the ground with dirt coming out of them and then plants planted in the ground beyond them. They would make a nice garbage can if you scrubbed them up and maybe painted them or put a coat of stain and polyurethene on them. Or use one of the bigger ones as a small hamper. We have five kids, so that wouldn't work for us, but....

Your kitty may make one his/her home all snuggled up inside if put on its side. Use them as end tables if turned upside down. Maybe add a spout of some sort to them. I had a small decorative barrel that had this wooden spout on it. Looked very cool. Not many ideas to give you off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll find something great to do with them!

When I go to flea markets, they want your arm and leg for things. :( I do better at our local trash store. They go to estate sales and buy up what's left.

Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here