Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carousel Horses made from child's spring horse toy

Posted by petuniabud4 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 17:43

I read some messages where people were making carousel horses from children's old spring or rocking horse toys. If you are one of these people, I would love to hear from you, because I am looking for 4 springs to put on a horse toy I have, but the springs are missing. I don't think that the carousel horses need the springs from the horses used, so I was hoping to purchase or pay for the shipping of these 4 springs! I bought the spring horse for my daughter when she was 2 and now she has a daughter who is two and I would love for her to be able to use this "rocking" spring horse! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carousel Horses made from child's spring horse toy

Hi petunia bud.
I googled spring horse parts, and got a thread in which someone said she got new springs at home depot! Maybe there is some big spring used in construction that works! Don't know if she had the same horse as you...

There were lots of links to follow, suggest you try it.
Good luck.
kathy

o

What about the springs you can buy for porch swings. We got ours at Lowes...

o

Petuniabud, I am one of those people making carousel horses and I may have some springs for you. Do you know if you need a size on these? I would be happy to send them to you for shipping fees. You may e-mail me at nastory3@hotmail.com if you wish. Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here