Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Album Purse Project

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 17:11

I also posted on the Crafts forum:) Here's the beginning of this purse. DH cut the record with a razor craft knife on my self sealing mat. It's a little tough to do, but it can be done! I trimmed the album cover the same way, and used the front cover for the purse front and the back cover in 3 pieces for the 2 sides and the bottom,and backed those with blue cardstock. As soon as I find my transparent thread, I'll start sewing. This uses clear vinyl tubing, like for aquariums, for the handles. I already had that left over from some fountains we made.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Album Purse Project

Wow...I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Love the Eagles. Lynn

o

OMG...so aggravating! Lost the transparent thread,found it; couldn't remember where my new Singer was,found it, but the bobbin keeps tangling;looked for older Brother,can't find it, but I made curtains not long ago with it. I also found out my eyes are so bad! Can't see the transparent thread....even with my glasses:) Who knows when I'll get this project going. I'm buying glitter pipe cleaners to go inside the vinyl tube handles. I'm sure this would have been an easy thing to get done, all I need is a sewing machine:) I'll check back when it's done!

o

Got another machine to finish, now I realize I won't use a machine next time, just a hole punch and lacing! I was able to fill the bobbin with the transparent thread and sew the purse. I used painters tape across the feed dogs, and that helped, plus I used the machine's plastic foot. I'm going to make another album purse from a different pattern next.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

I love it! Hmmm. I wonder if my dh got rid of the records I was saving for the right thing out in the garage.. I'm almost afraid to ask.
Is that clear contact paper by the way? I love that.
kathy

o

Hi Kathy! It's not contact paper, it's a clear vinyl like you buy for tablecloths and slipcovers, it's sold by the yard like fabric and you can sew it. They have different gauge thicknesses. The other thing I use is laminate like you buy at an office supply or WalMart. It doesn't need a machine to heat it, it's for 8x10 documents...says laminating pouches on the package. Have fun!
Cherry/Kudzu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here