Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? about using Kilz on table?

Posted by n2bach1 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 07 at 16:58

I have a small table that I tried to strip and refinish a long time ago! I got part of it done and realized it wasn't worth doing because I didn't really know how to do it very well and it was a mess! Anyway, the top, flat part of the table is what's stripped down to wood, but the legs of it are still painted red. If I paint Kilz over all of it and then paint the whole thing a solid color, will it match? Or will you see a difference in color between the stripped/painted parts?

Just want to know what I'm getting into before I spend the money to do it! It's kind of a unique, cute little table and it just might look good painted!

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

n2bach1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? about using Kilz on table?

Kilz will give you a uniform base PROVIDED you put it on evenly.....meaning you have to do a good job covering it just like you would with regular paint. You can't just open can and slap it on and hope for it to look good. Stir your paint well if you have problems stirring buy one of those attachments for a drill, it makes stirring paint EASY!
Also lightly sand those legs and then run a tack cloth over them to clean off the residue from the sanding. It will make the primer and the paint stick better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here