SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21847015

Before shabby was chic...

User
19 years ago

Hello

As a recent member of this forum (which I was thrilled to find) I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth so to speak...I have been shopping at the curb for over 30 years, there are only three "storebought" items in my living room (tv, and two recliner chairs that my hubby and I splurged on for ourselves)...living in the city and in a highrise for over 20 years (I now live in a smaller building) I found the most wonderful furniture abandoned by previous owners...I have three china cabinets which hold most of my "collections" (most of which I found either on the curb or at garage sales etc.)..an old computer desk that became a stand for my microwave, coffee pot and toaster, four assorted "antique" small lamp/end tables and a large round coffee table...all solid wood. An antique mirror (hanging on living room wall with beautiful wood frame), assorted pictures, frames that now "house" pics of my children, a quilt stand, most recently a couch and an old desk....in other words, my house has been "shabby chic" before I ever heard the words..

When I first started "rescuing" furniture etc. my family thought I was a little strange, now I am the owner of several beautiful antique pieces...suddenly I am smart (vbg)...

Last night my dd rescued two end tables from the curb....it is true that apples do not fall far from the tree.

Linda

Comments (12)

Sponsored