Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I the only one here that is confused at this site?

Posted by goldenpond (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 21, 08 at 15:56

I notice at THIS site that we start out with discussions. If you go to the right after on TOPIC DISCUSSIONS it says Gallery in purple. So if you click on it isnt THAT where you post photos? Wouldn't that mean questions and conversations here and photos in gallery?
At Garden junk you begin with a place to post picsand they have the conversations to the right and you click there to talk about whatever. It is opposite of here except that if you do it incorrectly you usually get a reprimand. So ,,,,,help me understand this wonderful forum.
Maybe some posters do not even know the gallery page exists.
I think all the info is great fun just hard to maneuver around.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I the only one here that is confused at this site?

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time, and every one has been too nice to point out my mistakes.

o

I don't think it is anyones fault and I sure didnt mean to sound not nice ,Sorry if I came across that way.
What I do wonder is why the forums are all different in the set ups. If you are use to it one way in another forum Natch you will think it is the same way in the others.
I know with the garden junkers and Florida gardeners I enjoy both sides but it was awhile before I figured out there was another side.I am glad I did because I have gotten so much from it.

o

Golden, interesting.....hmmmmmmmm....it looks to me that you could post photos on either side but all discussions here? I completely missed the gallery side when I was here a few months back too. And that's what everyone really wants to see!

You didn't sound not nice.......you could never sound not nice. (smile)

o

I noticed that this 1 seems to be opposite of the other forums. 1st time I clicked on" gallery "photobucket came up but nothing about any crafts,so I didn't try for long time& about week ago tried again & got posts. I just figured it was person in charge of this forum??? Guess there is somebody watching each forum!! So just go with the flow, I guess!! Thanks Goldenpond, at least we know now that we arn't "nuts" somebody else noticed too! Jan

o

The gallery is for posting pictures. It is especially for those who don't have a picture hosting sight such as Photo bucket. It gives them a place to post pics from their computer to the site to share with others. There is no rule about posting pics in threads.

o

If you think this one is bad....come over to the Decorative and Tole Painting forum....we have 3 sides... Gallery, Discussions, and Conversations. ha Most of us post to the Gallery because the pictures stay longer before they get bumped, we use Discussions to talk about painting stuff although some people do post pics there too, and then we use Conversations for everyday chatting. I agree...I think it's just up to the people who are using the forum to agree on how it's used. I notice some forums never even use their galleries.
It's sad that you've been reprimanded for posting in the "wrong" place, but I do understand on Garden Junk. There are so many people posting that stuff gets bumped daily and they don't want a picture post bumped for a conversation post. We usually try to let people know there are other sides to each forum because maybe they don't know. I didn't notice it either for about the first 3 months. ha On the painting forum we don't care as long as they are posting! =) We like lots of pics. ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here