Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Latest Find

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 14:04

I love this! Not sure what to do with it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Latest Find

lpalta, that stool is awesome! I love it in it's chippy state. The feet are intriquing. Are they claws? I'd love to see a close up... Personally, I'd leave it black, at least until after Halloween! It's perfect for a spooky vignette.

o

I have a close up of a foot in my Webshots Craft album. The tip of the foot screws on and each claw is holding a round glass ball. It looks as if the stool has been varnished and the varnish is peeling. I am guessing the wood is walnut.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

o

It's an old piano or organ stool...likely mahogany....and in the right place worth a good bit if it hasn't been painted and the turn around thingey works...

Here is a link that might be useful: piano stool

o

I'd leave it as is for now as sure looks great for Halloween! Library might have antique books in reference or check out section or try finding it on the Web. I have a wrought iron 1 that swivels but with a square top & very heavy, got at yard sale for $15. & I love it not anywhere as nice as yours, I love the balls in the feet. Jan

o

Great find! Don't know what to tell you to do with it either, but I love it. I always bring things home and have no clue what I'll do with them, but you know when you see someting like that that you have to have it!

I'm sure you'll get ideas here. Thanks for sharing!
Alicia

o

I have one of those however it was missing the swivel seat part so I painted it white and did a mosiac on the top and have it in my bathroom

o

Went to a Fire Dept Auction this summer, they had an old church organ which did not sell, the stool went with it. I offered a price for the stool, then the bidding started. I got it for approx 25.00 It is just sitting here, thought I might put a fern on top. Looks old house.

o

I wouldn't do anything to it, it's perfect the way it is. I agree with the fern ... either that or use it as a small end table next to a chair or sofa?

o

I have a piano stool that looks exactly the same. My mother did a great job in refinishing it. It's an heirloom to me. The last time I checked mine was worth about $75.

Enjoy

A girl named "Max"

o

I had one in my shop last yr. Mine was missing the seat. I painted it and set a plant on it and sold it right off...Love yours...

o

Oh I love her! Used to have one just like her. Now I have a male named Tom because he looks just like the cat on Tom & Jerry.

Oh wait, you're talking about the stool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here