Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycled Wine Box into Doggy Diner Set

Posted by
mango-princess
(gw:mango-princess) on
Thu, Sep 28, 06 at 12:49

I took a couple of wine boxes, turned them upside down and came up with an idea! I gave my dad (a woodworker), a small stainless doggy bowl to use for measuring. He cut 2 holes on top of a wood wine box to make the diner. (Actually you have to turn the box upside down and the bottom becomes the top). He then purchased molding for a divider on the top, and the bottom, painted it, and my standard dachshund now has a double diner to hold water and food. My other mini doxie has a red one. Both dogs identify with the colors and know their diner dishes!

Keep in mind that if your pooch is very small as is my mini doxie, the diner box has to be appropriate height. In the case of my mini doxie, the box is 3" off of the ground.

Mango-Princess

Here is a link that might be useful: Doggy Diner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycled Wine Box into Doggy Diner Set

hi
love it.
funny we use the same bowls for small terrier.
I did,nt show her the pic she would get jealous.
I finally got smart and use a entrance mat/rug under them to catch the mess.
thanks for the pic. Rick

o

LOL,,,I have a mat too. These poochies sure can make a mess when they are eating. MP

o

I saw this concept once and they used old chairs, cut down to appropriate heights and the bowl sat in the opening cut in the seat. Really cute, but might work better with larger dog.

o

Real ingenious idea. I always wanted a doxie, my kitty would freak out though. I actually found a wooden dog/kitty feeding diner thingy and put the cat dishes in it and the cat thinks it's an insult or something, refuses to eat out of the bowl if it's in there. LOL. He is so finicky the little brat will actually sit and wait in front of the food dish (on a welcome mat of course) for me to walk over there, bend down and grab some dry food and put it on the floor in front of him. What a snob huh!!!

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here