Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Had to Share

Posted by Pamelad1 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 04 at 11:52

I went to a garage sale over the weekend and got a wonderful deal on board games. I ended up with 13 name brand games (Boggle Jr., Tripoly, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, Knowledge, The Bionic Man, etc.). All are in excellent condition with all of their pieces! My kids were thrilled. Just had to share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Had to Share

That is wonderful!

o

I know, I know....... OLD post revived here BUT....

If I were so lucky to fall upon games I have THE idea I want to use them for. I am so imaptiently waiting for yard sale season to hit! I was at a friends house, her basement has been converted into a games room, complete with all the games from when we were kids to the now games that are tried and true, only hitch is....... they are all on the walls! She took all the boards and stuck them all over the walls, the play money and the cards are the space fillers between the boards and all the little men and dice that came with the games are now funky mobiles and accents on the light pulls!! It is so awesome a sight that I instantly knew what all those old board games that no one wants from yard sales can be used for! She even used them on the two game tables she has down there, she peeled off the printed paper off the boards and mod podged it to the top of the tables! Oh and the boxes that the games came in, if they had a box, were also flattened and adhered to the walls.

I supposed that a puzzle person could do the same with puzzle pieces and boxes as well?

Sorry for replying to an old post but this one just brought back these ideas :)

o

LOL I saw the same idea in a magazine the other day and it was so cute!

Ever since I saw it, do ya think I've seen ONE old game board?? Nope! LOL

o

Those were the good old days - when families sat around playing board games -- not video games ~~~

OOPS ! I guess I just showed my age ! LOL

o

I just saw an idea in a magazine which used a board game as a shelf. 1 half of the board was up against the wall, the other became the shelf (with a couple brackets below).

o

And to think we buy the games to be PLAYED. I love the ideas here...can springboard off into other ideas for sure. Thanks to you all for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here