Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning & painting tin ceiling tile

Posted by rose_grow (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 12, 06 at 10:38

I recently purchased 5 old tin ceiling tiles & plan to make a wallhanging. Has anyone had experience cleaning & painting tin tiles? They are covered with an old white paint that is flacking. I would like to give them a bronze or copper look.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning & painting tin ceiling tile

Don't have any experience with tin ceiling tiles Rose, are they 12" X 12" or little ones 6 X 6 or 4 X 4? Are you going to put the corners together and hang them on the wall that way - what is your idea for a wall hanging. Is there a design on them? There are several bronzing or copper kits at Michael's or Joann's craft stores if you want to check there for ideas. Another is a patina kit. Can you post a pic of the tiles so we can see?

Sal

o
RE: Cleaning & painting tin ceiling tile

Not sure how to clean. maybe use a paint stripper. I am going to post a picture of what I did with one. I used it for a stove backsplash. It is mounted on a board and edges are for folded around. I just discovered this forum today. This is great. I now can talk to others that enjoy the same things!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here