SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sistersunnie_gw

A twelve step program.....

sistersunnie
16 years ago

Loosely a trash to treasure story. As most of everything in the bathroom came from hand me downs and cast offs even the sink....Will post pictures soon.

Hi my name is Sunnie and I have a color phobia. All of my walls are white, off white or light beige. My carpet and appliances match the walls. When left to my own devices I will chose black, white or khaki clothing. My car is pale gray and even my dogs are white! I know I need to work on my fearsÂ.. I like color I really do, its just that I worry that it will be awful, and I will be stuck for a lifetime with this horrid colorÂÂ

So after researching over a year for a great gray/blue, painting tiny little patches ALLL over my bedroom and bathroom, asking everyone and their mother Âwhich one they liked, etcÂÂ I bought the paint. I steeled myself and began the process. So late on Saturday night, all alone, tired and overwhelmed, I sat in the floor and cried. The wet, shiny paint highlighted the imperfections in the wall and it was the miserable wicked color of an EVIL SMURF!! This confirmed every fear in my little beige mind!

I crawled into the guest room, said a prayer, fell asleep determined to paint it over in the morning, with off white of course! Woke up with a sick feeling and crept across the hall to quickly peek inÂ.. I slowly swung the door open, breathed in the paint fumes and braced myself for the visual assaultÂÂ..But alas during the night my color God Mother swooped in to save the day (or night) and replaced the putrid blue with a calming, soothing medium blue gray!

Comments (8)

Sponsored