Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New found 'treasures'

Posted by lady_alicia (afinalword@aol.com) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 10:00

I just bought these the other night at a Goodwill store: wrapping paper with French sayings on it (.59), a metal tray (.99), picture of map/palm tree with cork on back (.49), and tin container (.49). I did pretty good! I was thinking of getting a nice frame for the map/palm tree picture. I don't know what it was intended for originally, but it has cork on the back. Looks new, whatever it is. Thought I could put the French saying wrapping paper behind a small window type thing I have and dress it up a bit. Tray? Don't know yet. Tin? Don't know on that one either. I thought of adding one of those wooden appliques to it and giving it a shabby chic makeover. Then I guess I can put junk in it. LOL

Other ideas, anyone? Anybody else find anything fun and interesting lately??? I get so inspired from other people's treasure makeovers.

Alicia

My Treasures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New found 'treasures'

Neat finds! Everything has such great potential. I found some cool old books while thrifting the other day. I'm considering turning one of them into a "secret stash" box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old books

o

Almost looks like the tray would be good place to glue the palm tree cork thing!Then hang it on the wall! Will be fun to see what you come up with. Tasymo, love your blog & the cabinet came out so darling!! Jan

o

Yeah Tasymo, your blog is great. As a matter of fact, I just created one while I was there visiting yours. Never did one of those, so I thought it might be fun to just put everything on there instead of keeping all my pics at Photobucket. I picked up some old books too one time. I love them. Never have used the pages yet, but what fun just thinking of the possibilities that lie ahead! I did do a shoe box for my mom with these old printouts. She loves antiques. So I did that and put craft paints and such in it for her for Christmas. She does sign painting, so it was a perfect box for her paints and brushes and looks "old time" as she puts it.

Jan, I like your idea of gluing that cork to the tray. It may stick out from the wall a bit too much, though. Hmmm....I'll have to check that out. But I really like that idea. Thanks!

Alicia

o

Is the map/palm tree picture slick enough to use as a dry erase board? Combined with the metal tray and some cool magnets, it would make a great message center!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here