Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 25, 06 at 8:03

at first thought it was a bird feeder but it dont hang...anyone have a clue lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any idea what this was used for?

Its a waterer. You fill the jar with liquid, screw the tin part on and turn it upside down. Gravity does the rest. I usually saw them in chicken houses. I have several from this size to very large. Good find.

o

cool:) thank you so much

o

Yeppers...waterer. Used mostly in chicken coops :)

o

Water feeder for chicks used for after they hatch and before they go out into the barn with the big girls.
The other version has holes in the metal part for feed. It's for feeding the chicks after they hatch and before they go out into the barnyard.

o

I've seen people put m&m candies in them so they fall out of the bottom holes and you can't eat too much at once . . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here